If you spend any significant amount of time with me or in my home, you’d find out quickly that the way to my heart is through breakfast food.
I am a brunch-y girl through and through and can appreciate the art of a beautiful breakfast dish.
My husband is not a big breakfast person, but when I cook it, he eats it. And a lot of times we compromise and eat breakfast for dinner instead of breakfast for breakfast.
Growing up, my momma made the best French toast (in my opinion). So naturally, it’s a favorite of mine.
She would add in cinnamon to the egg mixture and put just a smidge of oil in the pan to crisp it up. To this day, I can’t make it taste like momma’s.
So in my search for the next great breakfast dish I would make, I came across this delicious blend of French toast and cinnamon apples (another favorite of mine) and couldn’t resist trying it out.
It’s simple, sweet, and a dish that your whole family will love (I hope)!
Apple French Toast Bake
- Loaf of French bread, a day old
- 2 apples, peeled
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp of corn starch
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the bread into 1″ cubes and dice the peeled apples
- Mix together the bread, apples, sugar, and corn starch
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla
- Pour the egg mixture into the bread mixture and stir it good, making sure everything is coated in the egg mixture
- Pour into a 9×13 greased pan and drizzle with the maple syrup
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown
- Enjoy with dusted powdered sugar, fresh fruit, or whipped cream on top!