Stir fry is a staple meal in our house.
I love fresh veggies and Zach loves fried rice…so what better way to combine them than stir fry?!
So last night we had our weekly stir fry night and it was soooo yummy that I felt like it was blog worthy!
Instead of using rice, I used brown rice noodles (which are my absolute favorite…here’s my fav brand) and *to me* it was SOOOO much better (I’m not a huge rice eater).
A few simple tips for you before you prepare:
- Literally ANY veggie will work in stir fry…but my family’s personal favs are broccoli, onion, corn, bell pepper, green beans, and freshly minced garlic.
- You can make your own sauce, but if you are in a hurry my favorite store-bought sauce is this.
- It helps (if you’re doing fried rice) to make your rice the day before or at LEAST 4 hours before and let it chill in the fridge before you fry it.
Stir Fry with Diced Chicken and Fried Rice
Ingredients for the stir fry:
- Fresh veggies, chopped
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 large chicken breast, diced
- Salt & pepper
- Red pepper flakes
Ingredients for fried rice:
- Chilled rice
- 3 TBSP butter or oil
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper
Directions for stir fry:
- Cook your chicken in the stir fry, garlic, red pepper flake, s&p, and sauce until done
- Remove chicken and add veggies with more sauce (to your liking)
- Once veggies are cooked, add chicken back to the mixture
Directions for fried rice:
- Add butter to the pan then once it’s melted, add rice
- Coat rice in the butter and let it sit over medium heat for 2 minutes, then flip and repeat on the other side
- Once both sides are toasted, make a basket in the middle of your rice and scramble the egg
- Add in soy sauce and salt and pepper
Serve stir fry mixture on top of the rice and enjoy! 🙂