One of my favorite meals growing up was simply Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff…yep, right out of the box and SO refined.
Literally, I could eat the whole box by myself in one sitting. As a person with cystic fibrosis, I have to have a lot of calorie intake to maintain my body weight; so sometimes, I’d make it as an afternoon snack (don’t judge me).
So now that I’m an adult and expected to feed my husband legitimate meals since I’ve deemed myself a cook, I’ve learned to make homemade beef stroganoff that’s as good as the Hamburger Helper stuff.
This is a simple, quick, and filling dinner your whole family will love.
One Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 cups beef stock/broth
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream OR plain greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP corn starch slurry (cornstarch : water = 1:2)
- S & P to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Sautee onions and garlic with olive oil until onions are translucent, season with S&P
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown, add in paprika
- Add beef stock and egg noodles, simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Lower the heat and add in sour cream and cornstarch slurry, stir until thickened
- Serve and garnish with parsley, ENJOY!